Sweetwater BSP Quad Ale

I got the email from Sweetwater about the latest Dank Tank beer a couple weeks ago and since then my head has been on a swivel. Call me a Sweetwater homer, but to date, the Dank Tank Wet Dream is the best beer I have ever had. So I looked for this on my Friday package store trip and at Taco Mac last week with no success. Stopped by the package store on a whim today and BAM! hidden behind a couple Big Ol Belgian Blue Balls was a whole line of these bad boys.

 I popped this one open before cooking dinner and I'm not going to lie about the next part. Poured it in a pint glass. Took a sip. Took another BIG sip and then felt like I got popped in the mouth with straight alcohol. "What the shit?" I decided to wait a few minutes to regroup. (Went out to the car to get some stuff. phone charger, chapstick, etc) The truth is the first sip (gulp?) beat my face up. I drank this like it was anything but a 11% brew.

I embraced/respected it after that and we got along well.
I treated the beer right and it treated me right. Had a nice dark malty flavor that was easy to drink and grew on me more and more. Sweetwater suggests letting one sit in 'your cellar' for a while. I got an extra one to do just that.



And the breakdown of BSP? Well, the Sweetwater folks probably have something in particular they want it to mean, in fact I know they do but here are some things I think the BSP should stand for:
Beautiful Suds Pontificate
Ballin Straight Pimpin
Bring Some Pie
Break Slippery  Penguins

ABV 11%
Beer Advocate rating: A-

1 comments:

Bleeder said...

I passed over this tonight. I haven't really ventured into the Sweet Waters yet. I guess I will have to try this one after all. Tonight I went to my favorite Beer Mall and purchased a New Belgium La Folie Wood-Aged Biere and a Stone Brewing Company Stone Imperial Russian Stout. Hopefully get into those tomorrow night.

Post a Comment

top