Sierra Nevada Harvest Wet Hop Ale

WET HOPS. That means they're fresh. In this case, the hops are picked on day 1, sent overnight to the brewery and brewed up the next day. Fascinating, I say. I'd like to try wet hopping a homebrew. It almost seems like a waste to dry them out then use them...like drying out broccoli before adding it to a broccoli casserole, only with more drunkenness at the end.

Dude at the beer store recommended this based on my love of Sweetwater's Wet Dream. I like it, seems a bit dry at the end, but I may just be a little dehydrated to begin with. My beer store has beer tastings every Friday. Today it was Thomas Creek Brewery from SC. They had 5 or 6 beers and poured a few ounces of each. All of their beers were very drinkable. The red ale was good, IPA was mild for an IPA, and they did have an Imperial IPA that was 12.5% ABV. One of those beers that could make you do dance funny after a few since the alcohol is masked well.

There's something behind this beer in a paper bag that I'm excited/laughing inside about.



ABV 6.7%
Beer Advocate rating: A-
(several of the BA reviews of this beer weren't crazy about the aroma, I'll agree to the extent that it wasn't strong, but what was there is great. It's a pleasant scent.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top