Presidente


Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana Presidente

BA Rating-C

ABV-6.0%

Today I finished my first two classes of the semester and it's officially "Spring Break" (for those school goers without jobs) so I decided to grab a beachy beer and a stogie (Macanudo Portofino). Presidente just so happens to be one of my regular go to brews. Most people turn to Bud or Coors, I turn to Presidente (maybe it's because my Uncle turned me onto them a few years ago, having a Dominican aunt probably doesn't hurt my credibility here...haha...).

Drank this one from the 12 oz. bottle. Still really cold thanks to the chilling station at the ABC. The smell isn't an exciting one, corn with a slight skunky undertone. Very crisp and a bit bitter once on the tongue.

Overall it's not the greatest beer of all time, but I'm not sure anyone has ever claimed it to be. I wouldn't give it a "C" like the BA faithful have but a C+/B- at the max. I think it's a good macro brew and a great alternative to the American light beers.


This is gonna pair nicely with the nasty chalupa I had to settle for at Taco Hell and that robust Macanudo Portofino.

1 comments:

Phins said...

Cap is still on the bottle. That is a no no.

Post a Comment

top